Part way through my most recent project, my pin holder was FULL! So I found another container and dropped the first pin in.
It landed with a dull thud.
Then I kept working on my project (and finished it today!), adding each pin every time I quilted in the area where it was holding things together.
This is the container at the end of the project.
It used to be that all my pins fit in the original container, they came out as needed and returned when done. I had so many projects in partial stages of completion this past summer that I ran out of pins (and bought more). Finally things have settled down, all partial projects are completed and I needed to find a new container to hold those new pins.
It all works together, in a certain rhythm.